Brooklyn Eye

"I'm just a simple kid from Brooklyn who landed into the most enchanted lifestyle imaginable." - Michael Musto

Monday, April 18, 2011

Cherry Waves

Yesterday was the best day, weatherwise, that we've had in awhile. So sunny and so bright! Me and my boyfriend took our pooch, Mikko, outside behind our apartment for a game of catch.

The windows looking outside onto our backyard belong to my good friends, and when they heard us laughing and talking they popped their heads outside their respective windows to say hi. I felt like I was on the set of a play, perhaps By, By Birdie. They soon came outside with their little pooch, Izzy, and we had a pooch party. It was so much fun talking and watching our dogs play and drinking coffee. I brought my camera outside because I just couldn't take all the visuals! I ended up snapping about 200 photos of the sun hitting random objects. I am practically obsessed with the above photo because of the sun rays. I just can't handle it sometimes!

Nothing is better than warm weather in the Bronx. All the people that have been cooped up for so many months emerge from their apartments blasting the latest rap music. Just by being outside I feel I am updated on the latest hits and the newest artists. One guy who lives in the basement of our apartment near out backyard was playing some dope jams for us as we were sitting outside. Between the blasting rap music, the bright sun, my pitbull pooch, and the chain-link fences around us, I just thought to myself, typical Bronx life. As graduation nears and the black hole that is my future encroaches, I am becoming more and more nostalgic for the Bronx.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
13 year old occupying a 21 year old body. Usually silly, sometimes serious, and always hungry for Munchiez. Yo hablo espanol y me gusta fotografias.